Tomato Bounty Salsa Recipe
- 9 pounds yellow tomatoes (25 to 30 medium)
- 4 medium onions, finely chopped
- 2 cans (6 ounces each) tomato paste
- 1 large sweet red pepper, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup white vinegar
- 4 jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a large saucepan, bring 8 cups water to a boil. Add tomatoes, a few at a time; boil for 30 seconds. Drain and immediately place tomatoes in ice water. Drain and pat dry; peel and finely chop.
- 2. In a stockpot, combine the remaining ingredients. Stir in tomatoes. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes or until desired thickness. Carefully ladle hot mixture into hot 1-pint jars, leaving 1/2-in. headspace. Remove air bubbles; wipe rims and adjust lids. Process for 20 minutes in a boiling-water canner. Yield: 9 pints.
1/4 cup: 21 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 121mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein Diabetic Exchanges:1 vegetable
Reviews for Tomato Bounty Salsa
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.