- 9 pounds yellow tomatoes (25 to 30 medium)
- 4 medium onions, finely chopped
- 2 cans (6 ounces each) tomato paste
- 1 large sweet red pepper, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup white vinegar
- 4 jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In a large saucepan, bring 8 cups water to a boil. Add tomatoes, a few at a time; boil for 30 seconds. Drain and immediately place tomatoes in ice water. Drain and pat dry; peel and finely chop.
- In a stockpot, combine the remaining ingredients. Stir in tomatoes. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes or until desired thickness. Carefully ladle hot mixture into hot 1-pint jars, leaving 1/2-in. headspace. Remove air bubbles; wipe rims and adjust lids. Process for 20 minutes in a boiling-water canner. Yield: 9 pints.
Originally published as Tomato Bounty Salsa in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2010, p208
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Tomato Bounty Salsa
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review