This fresh-tasting medley bursts with homegrown garden goodness, including tomatoes, red pepper and crunchy corn. "Serve this salsa in the traditional way with baked tortilla chips and veggies—or as a condiment for fish," suggests Chris Schnittka of Charlottesville, Virginia.
- 3 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 3/4 cup fresh or frozen corn
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup chopped roasted sweet red peppers
- 1 jalapeno pepper, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- Tortilla chips
- In a large bowl, combine the first 13 ingredients. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving. Serve with tortilla chips. Yield: 4 cups.
Originally published as Tomato Black Bean Salsa in Light & Tasty April/May 2001, p21
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Tomato Black Bean Salsa
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review