Tomato Bisque Recipe
This bisque is perfect for the cool weather. I love to serve it with a slice of homemade bread.—Mrs. B.B. Mallory, Irving, Texas
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 to 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 cups milk
- 1. In a saucepan, combine the first eight ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes.
- 2. Discard bay leaf; press mixture through sieve and set aside. In a large saucepan, melt butter; stir in flour until smooth. Gradually stir in milk. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Reduce heat. Gradually stir in tomato mixture until smooth; heat through. Yield: 8 servings (2 quarts).
1 serving (1 cup) equals 171 calories, 12 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 38 mg cholesterol, 624 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC