This bisque is perfect for the cool weather. I love to serve it with a slice of homemade bread.Mrs. B.B. Mallory, Irving, Texas
8-10 ServingsPrep: 25 min. Cook: 35 min.
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 to 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 cups milk
- In a saucepan, combine the first eight ingredients; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes.
- Discard bay leaf; press mixture through sieve and set aside. In a
- large saucepan, melt butter; stir in flour until smooth. Gradually
- stir in milk. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly;
- cook and stir for 2 minutes. Reduce heat. Gradually stir in tomato
- mixture until smooth; heat through. Yield: 8 servings (2 quarts).
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 171 calories, 12 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 38 mg cholesterol, 624 mg sodium,