This bisque is perfect for the cool weather. I love to serve it with a slice of homemade bread.—Mrs. B.B. Mallory, Irving, Texas
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 to 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 cups milk
- In a saucepan, combine the first eight ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes.
- Discard bay leaf; press mixture through sieve and set aside. In a large saucepan, melt butter; stir in flour until smooth. Gradually stir in milk. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Reduce heat. Gradually stir in tomato mixture until smooth; heat through. Yield: 8 servings (2 quarts).
Originally published as Tomato Bisque in Country Woman July/August 1995, p35
Reviews for Tomato Bisque
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review