Tomato Beef and Rice Casserole
Here's a delicious dish that is very easy to make— and fast, too. The best thing, though, is that you mix everything in one bowl!
6 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 1-1/2 hours
- 1 pound ground beef
- 3 cups canned diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients. Place in a greased 2-qt.
- baking dish. Cover and bake at 400° for 1-1/2 hours, stirring
- once or twice. Uncover during the last 15 minutes to brown. Yield: 6
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 267 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 37 mg cholesterol, 413 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 18 g protein.