Tomato Bean Salad
This salad is packed with tasty surprises. Since it's dressed before serving, it's ideal for a help-yourself buffet.—Marilyn Janssen, Dawson Creek, British Columbia
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 cup canned kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 large tomato, diced
- 1 celery rib, sliced
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 1/2 cup Miracle Whip
- 1/4 cup ranch salad dressing
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 cups torn leaf lettuce
- In a bowl, combine the first four ingredients. In another bowl,
- combine Miracle Whip, ranch dressing, dill and garlic powder. Pour
- over vegetables and toss to coat. Place lettuce in a serving bowl;
- add vegetable mixture. Toss just before serving. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 236 calories, 20 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 261 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 4 g protein.