Tomato-Basil Turkey Burgers
Make these tasty burgers with regular, not lean, ground turkey so they’re extra-moist and juicy. They can also be cooked under the broiler. —Jamie Miller, Maple Grove, Minnesota
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 large sweet onion
- 1 package (6-1/2 ounces) sun-dried tomato and basil cheese spread, divided
- 1-1/4 pounds ground turkey
- 1 large sweet red pepper, quartered
- 4 ciabatta rolls, split
- Cut onion into three 1/2-in. slices; chop remaining onion and place
- in a large bowl. Stir in 1/3 cup cheese spread. Crumble turkey over
- mixture and mix well. Shape into four patties.
- Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil. Using long-handled tongs,
- lightly coat the grill rack. Grill burgers, onion slices and red
- pepper, covered, over medium-high heat for 5-7 minutes on each side
- or until a thermometer reads 165° and juices run clear. Chop
- grilled onion and red pepper.
- Spread rolls with remaining cheese spread; top each with a burger and
- grilled vegetables. Replace tops. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 burger equals 810 calories, 39 g fat (16 g saturated fat), 126 mg cholesterol, 887 mg sodium, 82 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 36 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a