Tomato-Basil Turkey Burgers Recipe
- 1 large sweet onion
- 1 package (6-1/2 ounces) sun-dried tomato and basil cheese spread, divided
- 1-1/4 pounds ground turkey
- 1 large sweet red pepper, quartered
- 4 ciabatta rolls, split
- 1. Cut onion into three 1/2-in. slices; chop remaining onion and place in a large bowl. Stir in 1/3 cup cheese spread. Crumble turkey over mixture and mix well. Shape into four patties.
- 2. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil. Using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack. Grill burgers, onion slices and red pepper, covered, over medium-high heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 165° and juices run clear. Chop grilled onion and red pepper.
- 3. Spread rolls with remaining cheese spread; top each with a burger and grilled vegetables. Replace tops. Yield: 4 servings.
1 burger equals 810 calories, 39 g fat (16 g saturated fat), 126 mg cholesterol, 887 mg sodium, 82 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 36 g protein.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.