Tomato-Basil Turkey Burgers
Make these tasty burgers with regular, not lean, ground turkey so they’re extra moist and juicy. They can also be cooked under the broiler. —Jamie Miller, Maple Grove, Minnesota
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 large sweet onion
- 1 package (6-1/2 ounces) sun-dried tomato and basil cheese spread, divided
- 1-1/4 pounds ground turkey
- 1 large sweet red pepper, quartered
- 4 ciabatta rolls, split
- Cut onion into three 1/2-in. slices; chop remaining onion and place
- in a large bowl. Stir in 1/3 cup cheese spread. Crumble turkey over
- mixture and mix well. Shape into four patties.
- Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and
- lightly coat the grill rack. Grill burgers, onion slices and red
- pepper, covered, over medium-high heat for 5-7 minutes on each side
- or until a meat thermometer reads 165° and juices run clear.
- Chop grilled onion and red pepper.
- Spread rolls with remaining cheese spread; top each with a burger and
- grilled vegetables. Replace tops. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 burger equals 810 calories, 39 g fat (16 g saturated fat), 126 mg cholesterol, 887 mg sodium, 82 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 36 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as