Tomato-Basil Turkey Burgers Recipe
Make these tasty burgers with regular, not lean, ground turkey so they’re extra moist and juicy. They can also be cooked under the broiler. —Jamie Miller, Maple Grove, Minnesota
- 1 large sweet onion
- 1 package (6-1/2 ounces) sun-dried tomato and basil cheese spread, divided
- 1-1/4 pounds ground turkey
- 1 large sweet red pepper, quartered
- 4 ciabatta rolls, split
- Cut onion into three 1/2-in. slices; chop remaining onion and place in a large bowl. Stir in 1/3 cup cheese spread. Crumble turkey over mixture and mix well. Shape into four patties.
- Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill burgers, onion slices and red pepper, covered, over medium-high heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 165° and juices run clear. Chop grilled onion and red pepper.
- Spread rolls with remaining cheese spread; top each with a burger and grilled vegetables. Replace tops. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Tomato-Basil Turkey Burgers in Simple & Delicious August/September 2010, p35
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Tomato-Basil Turkey Burgers(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Burger Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Easy Main Dish Recipes >
- Easy Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Grilling Hamburgers >
- Grilling Recipes >
- Ground Turkey Recipes >
- Hot Sandwich Recipes >
- Italian Dinners >
- Italian Recipes >
- Sandwiches >
- Simple Dinner Recipes >
- Simple Quick Recipes >
- Simple Recipes >
- Simple Sandwich Recipes >