Tomato Basil Tuna Steaks Recipe
- 4 tuna or 4 salmon steaks (1 inch thick and 6 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup loosely packed basil leaves
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1. In a large nonstick skillet, cook tuna in oil over medium heat for 3 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- 2. Transfer to a broiler pan. Sprinkle fish with salt and pepper. Cover with basil leaves. Top with tomato and cheese. Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 2 minutes or until the cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving equals 240 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 81 mg cholesterol, 394 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 42 g protein.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.