Tomato Basil Tuna Steaks
Be prepared to reel in raves when you place this fabulous fish dish on the table. It's moist and flavorful, topped off with basil, tomato and cheese.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 4 tuna or 4 salmon steaks (1 inch thick and 6 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup loosely packed basil leaves
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In a large nonstick skillet, cook tuna in oil over medium heat for 3
- minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Transfer to a broiler pan. Sprinkle fish with salt and pepper. Cover
- with basil leaves. Top with tomato and cheese. Broil 4-6 in. from
- the heat for 2 minutes or until the cheese is melted. Yield: 4
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 240 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 81 mg cholesterol, 394 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 42 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.