Tomato Basil Snackers Recipe
Fresh basil, summer-ripe tomatoes and melted mozzarella cheese top toasted English muffins in this fabulous afternoon pick-me-up. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 15 min. YIELD:4 servings
- 2 English muffins, split and toasted
- 2 tablespoons fat-free mayonnaise
- 3 plum tomatoes, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 6 fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1. Place English muffin halves on an ungreased baking sheet; spread with mayonnaise. Top with the tomatoes, basil, pepper and cheese. Broil 4 in. from the heat for 3-4 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving equals 118 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 9 mg cholesterol, 261 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 6 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1/2 fat.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC