- 2 English muffins, split and toasted
- 2 tablespoons fat-free mayonnaise
- 3 plum tomatoes, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 6 fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Place English muffin halves on an ungreased baking sheet; spread with mayonnaise. Top with the tomatoes, basil, pepper and cheese. Broil 4 in. from the heat for 3-4 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Tomato Basil Snackers
"This was so so so so good. So crunchy and delicious. Will definitely be making this more often."
"What a great and easy snack! We happened to have fresh mozzarella, so we cut slices of that and put it over the tomato. I also didn't have fresh basil so just sprinkled some dried basil on top. I also used regular mayo because that's what we had. LOVED this, I will definitely do this again!"
"I don't eat mayo, so I brushed mine with a little olive oil. Great snack or appetizer!"
"Awesome recipe...and so easy to make. I used fresh avocado instead of mayonnaise."
"I absolutely love this recipe. I have shared it with others and they started to make it too. I use McCormick Perfect Pinch Basil and Garlic in place of the fresh basil."