Tomato Basil Snackers Recipe
- 2 English muffins, split and toasted
- 2 tablespoons fat-free mayonnaise
- 3 plum tomatoes, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 6 fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Place English muffin halves on an ungreased baking sheet; spread with mayonnaise. Top with the tomatoes, basil, pepper and cheese. Broil 4 in. from the heat for 3-4 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Tomato Basil Snackers(7)
Sort By :
Awesome recipe...and so easy to make. I used fresh avocado instead of mayonnaise.
I absolutely love this recipe. I have shared it with others and they started to make it too. I use McCormick Perfect Pinch Basil and Garlic in place of the fresh basil.
I added pepperoni underneath the tomatoes and they were delicious.
Great after school snack for the toaster oven that my daughter is allowed to use! I use english muffins, bagel thins, whole wheat hamburger buns or a 8" flour tortilla! I use plain strained yogurt to replace the mayonaise with some garlic, salt, pepper and chives in it, and I have used ricotta cheese as a replacement. Holds everyone over until supper time! There are so many versions that you can use!
We use sandwich thins/bagel thins for this one. I like that I can use this for some of us, and make little pizzas in a similar fashion for the kids.
More Recipe Collections
- Appetizers >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bread Appetizers >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Diabetic Appetizers >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Easy Appetizers >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Healthy Appetizers >
- Healthy Cooking Appetizers >
- Healthy Cooking Vegetarian Recipes >
- Healthy Finger Foods >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Hot Appetizer Recipes >
- Hot Finger Food Recipes >
- Italian Appetizers >
- Italian Recipes >
- Italian Vegetarian Recipes >
- Low Fat Appetizers >