- 2 English muffins, split and toasted
- 2 tablespoons fat-free mayonnaise
- 3 plum tomatoes, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 6 fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Place English muffin halves on an ungreased baking sheet; spread with mayonnaise. Top with the tomatoes, basil, pepper and cheese. Broil 4 in. from the heat for 3-4 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Tomato Basil Snackers
"This was so so so so good. So crunchy and delicious. Will definitely be making this more often."
"What a great and easy snack! We happened to have fresh mozzarella, so we cut slices of that and put it over the tomato. I also didn't have fresh basil so just sprinkled some dried basil on top. I also used regular mayo because that's what we had. LOVED this, I will definitely do this again!"
"I don't eat mayo, so I brushed mine with a little olive oil. Great snack or appetizer!"
"Awesome recipe...and so easy to make. I used fresh avocado instead of mayonnaise."
"I absolutely love this recipe. I have shared it with others and they started to make it too. I use McCormick Perfect Pinch Basil and Garlic in place of the fresh basil."
"I added pepperoni underneath the tomatoes and they were delicious."
"Great after school snack for the toaster oven that my daughter is allowed to use! I use english muffins, bagel thins, whole wheat hamburger buns or a 8" flour tortilla! I use plain strained yogurt to replace the mayonaise with some garlic, salt, pepper and chives in it, and I have used ricotta cheese as a replacement. Holds everyone over until supper time! There are so many versions that you can use!"
"We use sandwich thins/bagel thins for this one. I like that I can use this for some of us, and make little pizzas in a similar fashion for the kids."
"I serve a variation of this on puff pastry. My kids consider it "pizza". I don't use mayonnaise, I use pesto instead."
"This was such a yummy recipe even guests will love it! Great for using items fresh from the garden!"