Fresh basil, summer-ripe tomatoes and melted mozzarella cheese top toasted English muffins in this fabulous afternoon pick-me-up. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 English muffins, split and toasted
- 2 tablespoons fat-free mayonnaise
- 3 plum tomatoes, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 6 fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Place English muffin halves on an ungreased baking sheet; spread with mayonnaise. Top with the tomatoes, basil, pepper and cheese. Broil 4 in. from the heat for 3-4 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Tomato Basil Snackers in Light & Tasty June/July 2007, p51
Reviews for Tomato Basil Snackers
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review