- 2 English muffins, split and toasted
- 2 tablespoons fat-free mayonnaise
- 3 plum tomatoes, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 6 fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Place English muffin halves on an ungreased baking sheet; spread with mayonnaise. Top with the tomatoes, basil, pepper and cheese. Broil 4 in. from the heat for 3-4 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Tomato Basil Snackers
Sort By :
"I don't eat mayo, so I brushed mine with a little olive oil. Great snack or appetizer!"
"Awesome recipe...and so easy to make. I used fresh avocado instead of mayonnaise."
"I absolutely love this recipe. I have shared it with others and they started to make it too. I use McCormick Perfect Pinch Basil and Garlic in place of the fresh basil."
"I added pepperoni underneath the tomatoes and they were delicious."
"Great after school snack for the toaster oven that my daughter is allowed to use! I use english muffins, bagel thins, whole wheat hamburger buns or a 8" flour tortilla! I use plain strained yogurt to replace the mayonaise with some garlic, salt, pepper and chives in it, and I have used ricotta cheese as a replacement. Holds everyone over until supper time! There are so many versions that you can use!"