- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 pounds uncooked jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first six ingredients; add shrimp. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for up to 30 minutes.
- Drain and discard marinade. Thread shrimp onto six metal or soaked wooden skewers. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 3-5 minutes on each side or until shrimp turn pink, turning once. Yield: 6 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Tomato-Basil Shrimp Skewers
"Will definitely make this again!"
"I don't eat meat or seafood, but am hosting a party and looking to make these. BUUUUUUT.. I have no idea what kind of shrimp to buy?? Fresh or Frozen... please help!"
"Probably the best grilled shrimp I've had including high end restaurants. I had to substitute chili sauce for the tomato sauce and old bay for the cayenne. Wow!"