Tomato-Basil Shrimp Skewers Recipe
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 pounds uncooked jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first six ingredients; add shrimp. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for up to 30 minutes.
- 2. Drain and discard marinade. Thread shrimp onto six metal or soaked wooden skewers. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 3-5 minutes on each side or until shrimp turn pink, turning once. Yield: 6 servings.
1 skewer equals 218 calories, 13 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 224 mg cholesterol, 302 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 24 g protein.
Reviews for Tomato-Basil Shrimp Skewers
"Will definitely make this again!"
"I don't eat meat or seafood, but am hosting a party and looking to make these. BUUUUUUT.. I have no idea what kind of shrimp to buy?? Fresh or Frozen... please help!"
"Probably the best grilled shrimp I've had including high end restaurants. I had to substitute chili sauce for the tomato sauce and old bay for the cayenne. Wow!"
"The best grilled shrimp, but I would add salt too."
"Very delish. I have nothing more to say about it, it was great and would definitely make it again."
"Very easy and delicious recipe. I too did not have tomato sauce, used BBQ sauce instead. Would make it again with the BBQ sauce!!!"
"5 star restaurant taste! Easy to make."
"Made these for two parties - everyone raved. I didn't have tomato paste but I had pizza sauce which I think gave it a little more zing. Great recipe!"
"Made these for Father's Day - YUMMY!!!"
"badkitty,get over it.I appriciate all the recipes.minniemaus"
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.