Tomato-Basil Shrimp Skewers Recipe
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 pounds uncooked jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first six ingredients; add shrimp. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for up to 30 minutes.
- 2. Drain and discard marinade. Thread shrimp onto six metal or soaked wooden skewers. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 3-5 minutes on each side or until shrimp turn pink, turning once. Yield: 6 servings.
6 each: 218 calories, 13g fat (2g saturated fat), 224mg cholesterol, 302mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 24g protein .
Reviews for Tomato-Basil Shrimp Skewers
"This was delicious! I added some sea salt, used pizza sauce because that's what I had, and added a little extra cayenne. Will definitely make again"
"The shrimp were wonderful! I wouldn't change a thing, although I did take one reviewer's suggestion and use chili sauce instead of tomato sauce because we like spicy food."
"I thought this was pretty good, but not great. I found the taste to be very subtle. Next time I will try subbing in Old Bay for the cayenne. I think that would make this more of a 5 star recipe.jruvo87: This might be a little late, but you can use either fresh or frozen. If you do get frozen, make sure you thaw them first before starting the recipe."
"Will definitely make this again!"
"I don't eat meat or seafood, but am hosting a party and looking to make these. BUUUUUUT.. I have no idea what kind of shrimp to buy?? Fresh or Frozen... please help!"
"Probably the best grilled shrimp I've had including high end restaurants. I had to substitute chili sauce for the tomato sauce and old bay for the cayenne. Wow!"
"The best grilled shrimp, but I would add salt too."
"Very delish. I have nothing more to say about it, it was great and would definitely make it again."
"5 star restaurant taste! Easy to make."
"Made these for two parties - everyone raved. I didn't have tomato paste but I had pizza sauce which I think gave it a little more zing. Great recipe!"
"Made these for Father's Day - YUMMY!!!"
"badkitty,get over it.I appriciate all the recipes.minniemaus"
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.