Tomato-Basil Shrimp Skewers
“I promise you that these are THE best, most perfectly seasoned shrimp you will ever eat," says Jennifer Fulk of Moreno Valley, California. "My husband doesn't normally care for shrimp, but he raves over these!”
6 ServingsPrep: 30 min. + marinating Grill: 10 min.
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 pounds uncooked jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first six ingredients;
- add shrimp. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for up to 30
- Drain and discard marinade. Thread shrimp onto six metal or soaked
- wooden skewers. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 3-5 minutes on
- each side or until shrimp turn pink, turning once. Yield: 6
Nutritional Facts: 1 skewer equals 218 calories, 13 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 224 mg cholesterol, 302 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 24 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.