- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 pounds uncooked jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first six ingredients; add shrimp. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for up to 30 minutes.
- Drain and discard marinade. Thread shrimp onto six metal or soaked wooden skewers. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 3-5 minutes on each side or until shrimp turn pink, turning once. Yield: 6 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Tomato-Basil Shrimp Skewers
"The shrimp were wonderful! I wouldn't change a thing, although I did take one reviewer's suggestion and use chili sauce instead of tomato sauce because we like spicy food."
"I thought this was pretty good, but not great. I found the taste to be very subtle. Next time I will try subbing in Old Bay for the cayenne. I think that would make this more of a 5 star recipe.jruvo87: This might be a little late, but you can use either fresh or frozen. If you do get frozen, make sure you thaw them first before starting the recipe."
"Will definitely make this again!"