I promise you that these are THE best, most perfectly seasoned shrimp you will ever eat. My husband doesn't normally care for shrimp, but he raves over these! —Jennifer Fulk, Moreno Valley, California
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 pounds uncooked jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first six ingredients; add shrimp. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for up to 30 minutes.
- Drain and discard marinade. Thread shrimp onto six metal or soaked wooden skewers. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 3-5 minutes on each side or until shrimp turn pink, turning once. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Tomato-Basil Shrimp Skewers in Simple & Delicious May/June 2008, p37
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Tomato-Basil Shrimp Skewers
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review