Tomato-Basil Salmon Steaks
My family has always been big on seafood, and this pan-fried salmon went over really well! The fresh tomato and basil topping complement the fillets beautifully.
4 ServingsPrep: 30 min. Cook: 20 min.
- 4 salmon steaks (6 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 large plum tomatoes, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Hot cooked linguine
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook salmon in oil for 2-3
- minutes on each side or until golden brown. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, cook and stir onion until crisp-tender. Stir in
- garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add the tomatoes, water, basil, salt
- and pepper.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; carefully return salmon to the
- pan. Cover and simmer for 10-12 minutes or until fish flakes easily
- with a fork. Serve with linguine. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 salmon steak with about 1/3 cup sauce (calculated without linguine) equals 407 calories, 25 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 100 mg cholesterol, 255 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 35 g protein.