- 4 salmon steaks (6 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 large plum tomatoes, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Hot cooked linguine
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook salmon in oil for 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, cook and stir onion until crisp-tender. Stir in garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add the tomatoes, water, basil, salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; carefully return salmon to the pan. Cover and simmer for 10-12 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Serve with linguine. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Tomato-Basil Salmon Steaks in Country Extra May 2008, p51
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Tomato-Basil Salmon Steaks
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review