Tomato Basil Salad
Tomatoes team up with red onion and fresh basil in a pleasant salad sent by Joyce Brown, Genesee, Idaho.
2 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 6 tomato slices (1/4 inch thick)
- 6 red onion slices
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Place tomatoes in a shallow dish; top each slice with an onion. In a
- small jar with tight-fitting lid, combine remaining ingredients;
- shake well. Pour over tomatoes and onions. Cover and refrigerate for
- at least 1 hour. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 154 calories, 14 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 6 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.