- 2 pita breads (6 inches)
- 2 plum tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 8 fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup shredded Asiago cheese
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- Place pita breads on an ungreased baking sheet. Layer with tomatoes, basil and cheese; drizzle with oil. Bake at 350° for 12-14 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 2 servings.
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Tomato-Basil Pita Pizzas
Sort By :
so delicious and easy! great for a quick healthy/light meal
Love how pita bread works for pizza crust! So good and so easy!
I love the idea of using pita bread as pizza crust. Our individual sized pizza's turned out beautifully. I went with a selection of different toppings: broccoli, green peppers, onion, pepperoni, cheese, pineapple, jalapenos, and their tomatoes & basil as well. YUM!
I put these on the grill for a little extra-added flavor. You can use any kind of cheese you prefer if you don't like asiago. A quick and easy meal - thanks!
More Recipe Collections
- Baking Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Easy Main Dish Recipes >
- Easy Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Vegetarian Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Italian Dinners >
- Italian Pizza Recipes >
- Italian Recipes >
- Italian Vegetarian Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >