Tomato-Basil Orzo Soup
“Tender pasta, sauteed vegetables and lots of flavor…this tasty soup comes really close to the tomato rosamarina soup they serve in the best Greek restaurants in Chicago," writes Mary Lu Wasniewski from Orland Park, Illinois. "I like it with a small Greek salad and pita chips. Enjoy!”
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/2 cup each chopped carrot, celery and onion
- 1/8 teaspoon each dried basil, oregano and thyme
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 can (19 ounces) ready-to-serve tomato basil or hearty tomato soup
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/3 cup uncooked orzo pasta
- In a small saucepan, saute the carrot, celery, onion, basil, oregano
- and thyme in oil for 8-10 minutes or until vegetables are
- Add soup and broth. Bring to a boil. Stir in orzo. Reduce heat;
- simmer, uncovered, for 10-12 minutes or until orzo and vegetables
- are tender. Yield: 2 servings.
Editor's Note: This recipe was tested with ready-to-serve Progresso Tomato Basil soup.