Tomato-Basil Orzo Soup Recipe
- 1/2 cup each chopped carrot, celery and onion
- 1/8 teaspoon each dried basil, oregano and thyme
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 can (19 ounces) ready-to-serve tomato basil or hearty tomato soup
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/3 cup uncooked orzo pasta
- 1. In a small saucepan, saute the carrot, celery, onion, basil, oregano and thyme in oil for 8-10 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- 2. Add soup and broth. Bring to a boil. Stir in orzo. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10-12 minutes or until orzo and vegetables are tender. Yield: 2 servings.
Editor's Note: This recipe was tested with ready-to-serve Progresso Tomato Basil soup.
1-1/2 cup: 404 calories, 16g fat (2g saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 1614mg sodium, 58g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 6g fiber), 8g protein.
Reviews for Tomato-Basil Orzo Soup
"Delicious and so easy to make!"
"Even my ultra picky 5 year old ate this! Definitely a winner!!"
"Made a typing mistake in my review. Meant to say that I added 1 1/2 cans of chopped tomatoes with juice."
"Yummy! Easy! healthy!"