Tomato Basil Mozzarella Salad
Instead of tossed salad, I serve these attractive tomato and mozzarella slices, drizzled with oil and sprinkled with basil. They're especially tasty made with fresh tomatoes and basil from the garden.
-Concetta Maranto Skenfield, Bakersfield, California
6-8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 3 large tomatoes, sliced
- 8 slices part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil
- On a large serving platter, alternate tomatoes and cheese slices. In
- a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the oil, salt and pepper;
- shake well. Drizzle over tomatoes and cheese. Sprinkle with basil.
- Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 154 calories, 13 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 22 mg cholesterol, 186 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 6 g protein.