Tomato Basil Linguine
Hot pasta is tossed with a fresh-tasting sauce that includes tomatoes, basil and Brie cheese in this deliciously different dish. It's very pretty, too. Even when it cools off, this pasta tastes great.
-Diann Mallehan, Grand Rapids, Michigan
10 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + standing
- 1 pound Brie or Camembert cheese, rind removed and cut into small pieces
- 4 large tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds uncooked linguine
- Shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a large serving bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Let
- stand at room temperature for at least 1-1/2 hours.
- Cook linguine according to package directions; drain. Toss with
- cheese mixture. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Serve immediately.
- Yield: 10 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 509 calories, 25 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 45 mg cholesterol, 414 mg sodium, 54 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 19 g protein.