Tomato Basil Linguine Recipe
- 1 pound Brie or Camembert cheese, rind removed and cut into small pieces
- 4 large tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds uncooked linguine
- Shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a large serving bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Let stand at room temperature for at least 1-1/2 hours.
- Cook linguine according to package directions; drain. Toss with cheese mixture. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Serve immediately. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews for Tomato Basil Linguine
Sort By :
"This was OK. It wasn't as flavorful as I thought it might be."
"Easy to make! Wonderful and very fresh tasting!"
"I've been making this dish for years. A quicker and easier version uses canned diced tomatoes, chopped garlic, olive oilbasil pesto or fresh basil, and shreddedParmesan cheese. Good with linguini or fettuccine. Tastes great hot or cold!"
"I would make this again, but I wouldn't use the brie, I don't care for this cheese. When I eat a pasta dish like this, I use fresh mozzarella or asagio cheese, also fontina cheese."
"This is a great dish, easy to make and so very good"