Tomato-Basil Grilled Cheese Sandwiches Recipe
All the flavors of Pizza Margherita in fewer than 20 minutes make this the perfect meal for the whole family. My daughters call them "those special grilled cheese sandwiches." —Donna Fazenbaker, Goldsboro, Maryland
- 2 slices part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 plum tomato, sliced
- 4 slices multigrain bread
- Dash each salt and pepper
- 8 fresh basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1. Layer the cheese and tomato slices over two bread slices; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Top with basil leaves and remaining bread. Spread outsides of sandwiches with butter.
- 2. In a small skillet over medium heat, toast sandwiches for 2-3 minutes on each side or until cheese is melted. Yield: 2 servings.
1 sandwich: 275 calories, 13g fat (8g saturated fat), 30mg cholesterol, 605mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 12g protein.
Reviews for Tomato-Basil Grilled Cheese Sandwiches
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC