Tomato-Basil Grilled Cheese Sandwiches
All the flavors of Pizza Margherita in fewer than 20 minutes make this the perfect meal for the whole family. My daughters call them "those special grilled cheese sandwiches." —Donna Fazenbaker, Goldsboro, Maryland
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 slices part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 plum tomato, sliced
- 4 slices multigrain bread
- Dash each salt and pepper
- 8 fresh basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- Layer the cheese and tomato slices over two bread slices; sprinkle
- with salt and pepper. Top with basil leaves and remaining bread.
- Spread outsides of sandwiches with butter.
- In a small skillet over medium heat, toast sandwiches for 2-3 minutes
- on each side or until cheese is melted. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 sandwich equals 275 calories, 13 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 30 mg cholesterol, 605 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 12 g protein.