All the flavors of Pizza Margherita in fewer than 20 minutes make this the perfect meal for the whole family. My daughters call them "those special grilled cheese sandwiches." —Donna Fazenbaker, Goldsboro, Maryland
- 2 slices part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 plum tomato, sliced
- 4 slices multigrain bread
- Dash each salt and pepper
- 8 fresh basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- Layer the cheese and tomato slices over two bread slices; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Top with basil leaves and remaining bread. Spread outsides of sandwiches with butter.
- In a small skillet over medium heat, toast sandwiches for 2-3 minutes on each side or until cheese is melted. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Tomato-Basil Grilled Cheese Sandwiches in Simple & Delicious August/September 2011, p30
Reviews for Tomato-Basil Grilled Cheese Sandwiches
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review