- 2 slices part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 plum tomato, sliced
- 4 slices multigrain bread
- Dash each salt and pepper
- 8 fresh basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- Layer the cheese and tomato slices over two bread slices; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Top with basil leaves and remaining bread. Spread outsides of sandwiches with butter.
- In a small skillet over medium heat, toast sandwiches for 2-3 minutes on each side or until cheese is melted. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Tomato-Basil Grilled Cheese Sandwiches in Simple & Delicious August/September 2011, p30
Reviews for Tomato-Basil Grilled Cheese Sandwiches
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review