Tomato Basil Couscous Salad Recipe
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 package (10 ounces) couscous
- 1 cup chopped green onions
- 1 cup seeded diced plum tomatoes
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced fresh basil
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1. In a large saucepan, bring broth to a boil; add couscous. Cover and remove from the heat; let stand for 5 minutes. Transfer to a large bowl; fluff with a fork and cool.
- 2. Stir in the onions, tomatoes, basil, oil, vinegar, pepper flakes, salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate until chilled. Garnish with tomatoes. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 223 calories, 10 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 389 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein.
Reviews for Tomato Basil Couscous Salad
"I made this today and it was so delicious, light and refreshing. I added cucumber to mine and subbed in Cherub tomatoes. I loved it so much, I blogged about it. : )"
"love this recipe. i add a red pepper and some greek olives. taste great."