Tomato Basil Couscous Salad Recipe
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 package (10 ounces) couscous
- 1 cup chopped green onions
- 1 cup seeded diced plum tomatoes
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced fresh basil
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1. In a large saucepan, bring broth to a boil; add couscous. Cover and remove from the heat; let stand for 5 minutes. Transfer to a large bowl; fluff with a fork and cool.
- 2. Stir in the onions, tomatoes, basil, oil, vinegar, pepper flakes, salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate until chilled. Garnish with tomatoes. Yield: 8 servings.
1/2 cup: 223 calories, 10g fat (1g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 389mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein
Reviews for Tomato Basil Couscous Salad
"I made this today and it was so delicious, light and refreshing. I added cucumber to mine and subbed in Cherub tomatoes. I loved it so much, I blogged about it. : )"
"love this recipe. i add a red pepper and some greek olives. taste great."