Tomato Basil Couscous Salad Recipe
This is a great salad for picnics since the dressing is made with oil and vinegar, not mayonnaise. It's so good, though, that I serve it year-round. --Karen Scales
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 package (10 ounces) couscous
- 1 cup chopped green onions
- 1 cup seeded diced plum tomatoes
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced fresh basil
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- In a large saucepan, bring broth to a boil; add couscous. Cover and remove from the heat; let stand for 5 minutes. Transfer to a large bowl; fluff with a fork and cool.
- Stir in the onions, tomatoes, basil, oil, vinegar, pepper flakes, salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate until chilled. Garnish with tomatoes. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Tomato Basil Couscous Salad in Test Kitchen Favorites 2004 2005, p56
Reviews for Tomato Basil Couscous Salad(2)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jun. 10, 2012
I made this today and it was so delicious, light and refreshing. I added cucumber to mine and subbed in Cherub tomatoes. I loved it so much, I blogged about it. : )
Reviewed Feb. 13, 2012
love this recipe. i add a red pepper and some greek olives. taste great.