Tomato-Basil Chicken Breasts Recipe
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1-1/3 cups uncooked spiral pasta
- 1-1/3 cups ready-to-serve tomato-basil soup
- Minced fresh basil, optional
- 1. In a shallow bowl, combine the flour, salt and pepper. Coat chicken with flour mixture. In a nonstick skillet, brown chicken in oil over medium heat; drain.
- 2. Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, pour soup over chicken. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes or until chicken juices run clear. Drain pasta; top with chicken and sauce. Sprinkle with basil if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
1 each: 417 calories, 12g fat (2g saturated fat), 94mg cholesterol, 757mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 2g fiber), 39g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 5 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Reviews for Tomato-Basil Chicken Breasts
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.