Tomato-Basil Bruschetta Appetizer Recipe
- 3 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 loaf (1 pound) French bread, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and halved
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the tomatoes, onions, 2 tablespoons oil, basil, vinegar, oregano, salt and pepper; set aside.
- 2. Lightly brush both sides of bread slices with remaining oil. Arrange on ungreased baking sheets. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- 3. Rub garlic over bread slices. With a slotted spoon, top each slice with tomato mixture. Yield: about 2 dozen.
1 piece: 84 calories, 3g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 162mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch.
Reviews for Tomato-Basil Bruschetta Appetizer
"We tried this recipe and LOVED it. It has the perfect flavor blend for a yummy bruschetta!"