Tomato Basil Bruschetta Recipe
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 loaf (1 pound) Italian bread, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1-1/2 cups chopped seeded plum tomatoes
- 1 jar (4 ounces) diced pimientos, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon grated Romano cheese
- Fresh basil leaves
- Using 2 tablespoons oil, lightly brush one side of bread slices. Place bread oil side up on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 15 minutes or until lightly browned.
- In a large bowl, combine the tomatoes, pimientos, chopped basil, vinegar, parsley, garlic, salt, pepper flakes and pepper; stir in cheese.
- Place a whole basil leaf on each slice of toast bread. Top with tomato mixture. Drizzle with remaining olive oil. Serve immediately. Yield: 20 appetizers.
Reviews for Tomato Basil Bruschetta(4)
Sort By :
I have made this several times since July 4th. As tomatoes are abundent in NC I have not been using plum tomatoes. As the heat here is in 90's or over 100 I passed on the toasted bread, and served on fresh baguettes.Did follow the toppings as stated the first time. Then elminated the pimientos the 2nd time and reduced the crushed red pepper to 1/8. The first batch did not pass my friend's 95 year old Italian mother. She said I would have used roasted red peppers instead of pimientos. The 2nd one did, which I was smart enough to listen to an Italian lady and used roasted red peppers.. and balsamic she said... Some people are wise with age. But this is a keeper and I have had many complements and empty plates. Good Job
Excellent recipe! Thanks so much for sharing! Definitely a keeper!
This has got to be the best thing I have ever put into my mouth! The flavor is so fresh and clean. I love to pick the tomato and basil right out of the garden to add to the freshness. So good!
I really enjoyed this recipe. I have tried other basic bruschetta recipes and this one has been my favorite so far.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Appetizers >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bread Appetizers >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Bruschetta >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Diabetic Appetizers >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Italian Appetizers >
- Italian Bruschetta >