This recipe can be used with several kinds of fish, and the ingredients are those I usually have on hand. Baking fish is so easy, and I fix this healthy dish often.
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 8 ounces orange roughy, red snapper, cod or haddock fillets
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 plum tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons grated Parmesan cheese
- In a shallow bowl, combine the lemon juice and oil. Add fish fillets; turn to coat. Place in a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Sprinkle with basil, salt and pepper. Arrange tomatoes over top; sprinkle with cheese.
- Cover and bake at 400° for 10-12 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Tomato-Basil Baked Fish in Reminisce May/June 2005, p49
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Tomato-Basil Baked Fish
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review