- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 8 ounces orange roughy, red snapper, cod or haddock fillets
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 plum tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons grated Parmesan cheese
- In a shallow bowl, combine the lemon juice and oil. Add fish fillets; turn to coat. Place in a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Sprinkle with basil, salt and pepper. Arrange tomatoes over top; sprinkle with cheese.
- Cover and bake at 400° for 10-12 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 2 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Tomato-Basil Baked Fish
Sort By :
"I liked it but thought maybe it could use a little garlic and onion powder. Liked the parmesan on it. I usually bake cod at 425 for 18 to 20 minutes and mine was thick. It was good this way."
"This is a nice simple and quick recipe that makes a lovely presentation. We did think it was a little bland so I will add a little more seasoning next time, probably some garlic powder and onion powder. I will also slice the tomatoes very thin and use a little more cheese."
"Quick easy and delicious. I made it with Cod filets and my family loved it!!"
"I loved this recipe. I've got gestational diabetes and am used not enjoying dishes lately. This was not the case with this recipe. I loved how the tomatoes and parmesan cheese toned down the basil and lemon mix just right. I would have loved it even without the tomatoes. It was super easy to make. We made it with orange roughy and I just can't say enough how good it was! This is a great healthy dish that we'll definitely have again, even after I'm not longer pregnant and have gestational diabetes."