Tomato-Basil Baked Fish Recipe
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 8 ounces orange roughy, red snapper, cod or haddock fillets
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 plum tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons grated Parmesan cheese
- In a shallow bowl, combine the lemon juice and oil. Add fish fillets; turn to coat. Place in a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Sprinkle with basil, salt and pepper. Arrange tomatoes over top; sprinkle with cheese.
- Cover and bake at 400° for 10-12 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 2 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Tomato-Basil Baked Fish(3)
Sort By :
This is a nice simple and quick recipe that makes a lovely presentation. We did think it was a little bland so I will add a little more seasoning next time, probably some garlic powder and onion powder. I will also slice the tomatoes very thin and use a little more cheese.
Quick easy and delicious. I made it with Cod filets and my family loved it!!
I loved this recipe. I've got gestational diabetes and am used not enjoying dishes lately. This was not the case with this recipe. I loved how the tomatoes and parmesan cheese toned down the basil and lemon mix just right. I would have loved it even without the tomatoes. It was super easy to make. We made it with orange roughy and I just can't say enough how good it was! This is a great healthy dish that we'll definitely have again, even after I'm not longer pregnant and have gestational diabetes.