Tomato Barley Salad
I like to serve this fuss-free salad alongside barbecued chicken for a hot summer evening dinner on the deck.Sandi Lange, Sherwood Park, Alberta
12 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 4 cups cold cooked medium pearl barley
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh basil or 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups halved cherry tomatoes
- 2 cups frozen corn, thawed
- Place barley in a large bowl. In a small bowl, combine the cheese,
- oil, basil, garlic, salt and pepper. Pour over barley; toss to coat.
- Stir in tomatoes and corn. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours. Yield:
- 12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 320 calories, 6 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 151 mg sodium, 60 g carbohydrate, 12 g fiber, 9 g protein.