I like to serve this fuss-free salad alongside barbecued chicken for a hot summer evening dinner on the deck.—Sandi Lange, Sherwood Park, Alberta
- 4 cups cold cooked medium pearl barley
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh basil or 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups halved cherry tomatoes
- 2 cups frozen corn, thawed
- Place barley in a large bowl. In a small bowl, combine the cheese, oil, basil, garlic, salt and pepper. Pour over barley; toss to coat. Stir in tomatoes and corn. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Tomato Barley Salad in Country Woman May/June 2002, p35
Reviews for Tomato Barley Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review