Tomato Baked Haddock Recipe
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 pound haddock fillets
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1. In a nonstick skillet, saute the green pepper and onion in butter until tender. Stir in the flour until blended. Add tomatoes; cook and stir until thickened, about 3 minutes.
- 2. Place the fillets, skin side down, in an 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with salt and pepper; top with tomato mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake 2 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving equals 204 calories, 6 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 80 mg cholesterol, 625 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 27 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 1 fat.
Reviews for Tomato Baked Haddock
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.