Tomato Baked Haddock Recipe
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 pound haddock fillets
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1. In a nonstick skillet, saute the green pepper and onion in butter until tender. Stir in the flour until blended. Add tomatoes; cook and stir until thickened, about 3 minutes.
- 2. Place the fillets, skin side down, in an 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with salt and pepper; top with tomato mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake 2 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving equals 204 calories, 6 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 80 mg cholesterol, 625 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 27 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 1 fat.
Reviews for Tomato Baked Haddock
"Simple easy and elegant!"
"This was very good. Didn't have mozzarella so used parmegiano reggiano, still tasted great, will make regularly."
"I used garden tomatoes and added fresh green corriander seeds from the garden,a tsp hot red chillie flakes,and some basil.Thank you for the inspiration..Great dish.."
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.