Tomato Baked Haddock Recipe
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 pound haddock fillets
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In a nonstick skillet, saute the green pepper and onion in butter until tender. Stir in the flour until blended. Add tomatoes; cook and stir until thickened, about 3 minutes.
- Place the fillets, skin side down, in an 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with salt and pepper; top with tomato mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake 2 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Tomato Baked Haddock(3)
Sort By :
Simple easy and elegant!
This was very good. Didn't have mozzarella so used parmegiano reggiano, still tasted great, will make regularly.
I used garden tomatoes and added fresh green corriander seeds from the garden,a tsp hot red chillie flakes,and some basil.Thank you for the inspiration..