Tomato Baguette Pizza Recipe
When my tomatoes conspire to ripen all at once, I use them up in simple recipes like this one. Cheesy baguette pizzas, served with a salad, make an ideal lunch. —Lorraine Caland, Thunder Bay, Ontario
- 3 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1 French bread baguette (10-1/2 ounces), halved lengthwise
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 3/4 cup thinly sliced fresh basil leaves, divided
- 3 medium tomatoes, sliced
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°. In a large skillet, saute mushrooms and onions in oil until tender. Add garlic, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper; cook 1 minute.
- 2. Place baguette halves on a baking sheet; sprinkle with 3/4 cup cheese. Top with 1/2 cup basil, mushroom mixture, tomatoes and remaining cheese.
- 3. Bake 10-15 minutes or until cheese is melted. Sprinkle with remaining basil. Cut each portion into three slices. Yield: 6 servings.
1 slice equals 341 calories, 11 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 16 mg cholesterol, 534 mg sodium, 47 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 14 g protein.
Reviews for Tomato Baguette Pizza
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC