Tomato Baguette Pizza Recipe
When my tomatoes conspire to ripen all at once, I use them up in simple recipes like this one. Cheesy baguette pizzas, served with a salad, make an ideal lunch. —Lorraine Caland, Thunder Bay, Ontario
- 3 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1 French bread baguette (10-1/2 ounces), halved lengthwise
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 3/4 cup thinly sliced fresh basil leaves, divided
- 3 medium tomatoes, sliced
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a large skillet, saute mushrooms and onions in oil until tender. Add garlic, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper; cook 1 minute.
- Place baguette halves on a baking sheet; sprinkle with 3/4 cup cheese. Top with 1/2 cup basil, mushroom mixture, tomatoes and remaining cheese.
- Bake 10-15 minutes or until cheese is melted. Sprinkle with remaining basil. Cut each portion into three slices. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Tomato Baguette Pizza in Country Woman June/July 2008, p39
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Tomato Baguette Pizza(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Baking Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Country Woman Dinner Recipes >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Country Woman Vegetarian Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Italian Pizza Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Mushroom Main Dish Recipes >
- Mushroom Recipes >
- Mushroom Vegetarian Recipes >
- Pizza Recipes >
- Quick Dinner Recipes >