- 1/2 pound sliced bacon, diced
- 1/3 cup Catalina salad dressing
- 1/2 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 8 cups baby spinach or torn fresh spinach
- 2 medium tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue or feta cheese
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp; remove to paper towels. drain, reserving 2 tablespoons of drippings. Add the salad dressing, mustard, salt and pepper to the drippings; cook and stir over low heat until heated through.
- In a large salad bowl, combine the spinach, tomatoes, cheese and bacon. Drizzle with warm dressing; toss gently to coat. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Bacon-Tomato Spinach Salad in Quick Cooking July/August 2002, p20
Reviews for Tomato Bacon Spinach Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 3, 2009
"I have made this salad a couple of times and I really enjoy it and will continue to make it."