Tomato Bacon Spinach Salad Recipe
To dress up her swift spinach salad, Wendy Barnwell blends bottled Catalina dressing with warm bacon drippings and mustard. "It's a tasty addition to summer menus," shares the Fortuna, California cook. "I'm sure your family will enjoy this salad as much as mine."
- 1/2 pound sliced bacon, diced
- 1/3 cup Catalina salad dressing
- 1/2 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 8 cups baby spinach or torn fresh spinach
- 2 medium tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue or feta cheese
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp; remove to paper towels. drain, reserving 2 tablespoons of drippings. Add the salad dressing, mustard, salt and pepper to the drippings; cook and stir over low heat until heated through.
- In a large salad bowl, combine the spinach, tomatoes, cheese and bacon. Drizzle with warm dressing; toss gently to coat. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Bacon-Tomato Spinach Salad in Quick Cooking July/August 2002, p20
Reviews for Tomato Bacon Spinach Salad(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Apr. 3, 2009
I have made this salad a couple of times and I really enjoy it and will continue to make it.
More Recipe Collections
- Bacon Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Green Salad Recipes >
- July 4th Recipes >
- July 4th Salad Recipes >
- Labor Day Recipes >
- Labor Day Salad Recipes >
- Memorial Day Recipes >
- Memorial Day Salad Recipes >
- Salad Dressing Recipes >
- Salads >
- Simple Quick Recipes >