Tomato-Bacon Rarebit Recipe
I've had an interest in cooking and baking since I was a young girl and love to experiment with recipes. With bacon and tomatoes, this is a tasty takeoff on a classic Welsh dish.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 4 slices white bread, toasted
- 12 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, cooked and drained
- 2 medium tomatoes, sliced
- 1. In a large saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in the flour until smooth. Gradually stir in milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly. Reduce heat to low; add the Worcestershire sauce, mustard, salt, pepper, paprika and cheese. Cook and stir until cheese is melted.
- 2. Place toast on plates; top each piece with three bacon strips, two slices of tomato and cheese sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Tomato-Bacon Rarebit
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC