Tomato Bacon Pie
Gladys Gibson's simple but savory pie makes a tasty addition to brunch buffets and leisurely luncheons. The Hodgenville, Kentucky cook relies on a cheesy mixture for the pie's golden topping and a refrigerated pastry shell for easy preparation.
6 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1 unbaked deep-dish pastry shell (9 inches)
- 3 medium tomatoes, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 10 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- Bake pastry shell according to package directions; cool. Place
- tomatoes in the crust; sprinkle with bacon. In a small bowl, combine
- the cheese and mayonnaise. Spoon over bacon in the center of pie,
- leaving 1 in. around edge.
- Bake at 350° for 30-40 minutes or until golden brown (cover edges
- with foil if necessary to prevent over browning). Yield: 6
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 530 calories, 47 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 42 mg cholesterol, 595 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 9 g protein.