Tomato Bacon Pie Recipe
- 1 unbaked deep-dish pastry shell (9 inches)
- 3 medium tomatoes, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 10 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1. Bake pastry shell according to package directions; cool. Place tomatoes in the crust; sprinkle with bacon. In a small bowl, combine the cheese and mayonnaise. Spoon over bacon in the center of pie, leaving 1 in. around edge.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 30-40 minutes or until golden brown (cover edges with foil if necessary to prevent over browning). Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 530 calories, 47 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 42 mg cholesterol, 595 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 9 g protein.
Reviews for Tomato Bacon Pie
"Fantastic! Made several times!"
"This is one of the most delicious recipies. I have made this many times. If you like BLTs, this is similiar."
"OMG this one's a keeper!!! I was very hesitant to try this with my three picky eaters, but they all ate it!!! With little to no complaining! I only used 4 strips of bacon instead of the 10 called for in the recipe (it's all that I had on hand) and it was still wonderful!!! Will definately make again."
"This has been a family favorite for years! I make it every Spring when the tomatoes are coming in full force in our garden. Every time I've made it for guests, they've requested the recipe. Even the kids ask for seconds."