Tomato Bacon Pie Recipe
Gladys Gibson's simple but savory pie makes a tasty addition to brunch buffets and leisurely luncheons. The Hodgenville, Kentucky cook relies on a cheesy mixture for the pie's golden topping and a refrigerated pastry shell for easy preparation.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min. YIELD:6 servings
- 1 unbaked deep-dish pastry shell (9 inches)
- 3 medium tomatoes, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 10 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1. Bake pastry shell according to package directions; cool. Place tomatoes in the crust; sprinkle with bacon. In a small bowl, combine the cheese and mayonnaise. Spoon over bacon in the center of pie, leaving 1 in. around edge.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 30-40 minutes or until golden brown (cover edges with foil if necessary to prevent over browning). Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 530 calories, 47 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 42 mg cholesterol, 595 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 9 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC