Tomato Bacon Cups
These savory biscuits have a flavorful tomato and bacon filling. “I got the recipe at a friend’s house one Thanksgiving,” Paige English relates from Portland, Oregon. “I’ve made them at special gatherings ever since. They always disappear fast.”
30 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 10 min./batch
- 1 small tomato, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup real bacon bits
- 1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 tube (12 ounces) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits, separated into 10 biscuits
- In a large bowl, combine the tomato, mayonnaise, bacon, cheese, onion
- and basil; set aside. Split each biscuit into three layers; press
- each layer into an ungreased miniature muffin cup.
- Spoon tomato mixture into cups. Bake at 450° for 8-10 minutes or
- until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.