Tomato Avocado Salad Recipe
My aunt traveled the world over and brought the recipe for this salad back from the Middle East. It's so colorful and simple to make.—Vicky Rader, Mullinville, Kansas
- 2 ripe avocados, peeled and sliced
- 2 large tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 1 medium onion, cut into wedges
- 1 cup Italian salad dressing
- Lettuce leaves, optional
- 1. In a bowl, combine the avocados, tomatoes and onion; add dressing and stir to coat. Chill for 20-30 minutes. Serve over lettuce leaves if desired. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 202 calories, 19 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 515 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC