Tomato Avocado Salad Recipe
- 2 ripe avocados, peeled and sliced
- 2 large tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 1 medium onion, cut into wedges
- 1 cup Italian salad dressing
- Lettuce leaves, optional
- In a bowl, combine the avocados, tomatoes and onion; add dressing and stir to coat. Chill for 20-30 minutes. Serve over lettuce leaves if desired. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Tomato Avocado Salad(4)
Sort By :
Love the mix of avocado and fresh tomato. I have changed this also using Chipotle ranch dressing for a nice Southwestern zippy flavor, and used more lettuce greens, mixing the lettuces in right before serving. Delicious!
Oops! I made the comment below on the wrong recipe (bad day!). It should be on the Tomato and Avocado Salad recipe. Enjoy.....
This is perfect for hot summer days. I tossed it with less dressing and didn't include the onions. Instead, I sprinkled some feta cheese on top right before serving it. Delicious!
Loved the taste of the dressing. Made it 2 hours before serving and refrigerated, then chopped up two tomatoes and two avocadoes, tossed with the dressing in a bowl and served. Didn't bother with the lettuce. My husband and I ate the whole thing between the two of us! Delicious.
Trish D - Vancouver Island, BC, Canada