Tomato Asparagus Salad Recipe
Instead of reaching for the old reliable head of iceberg lettuce to make a plain salad, whip up this refreshing variation instead. With just six ingredients, it's a cinch to prepare and makes an attractive presentation. The fresh flavor of the asparagus and tomato complement each other well.—Ruby Williams, Bogalusa, Louisiana
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 6 romaine leaves
- 4 cups torn romaine
- 10 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/3 cup fat-free Italian salad dressing
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. In a large saucepan, bring 1/2 in. of water to a boil. Add asparagus; cover and boil for 3-5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain and immediately place asparagus in ice water. Drain and pat dry.
- 2. Line a serving platter with romaine leaves; top with torn romaine. Arrange asparagus over romaine; top with tomatoes. Drizzle with dressing and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Serve immediately. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 62 calories, 2g fat (0 saturated fat), 1mg cholesterol, 174mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable.
Reviews for Tomato Asparagus Salad
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC