With spears of fresh asparagus and sliced tomatoes, this hearty garden frittata from Barbara Nowakowski of North Tonawanda, New York comes together in no time.
- 1/4 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and halved
- 6 eggs
- 8 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 medium tomato, sliced
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- Place asparagus in a steamer basket; place in a saucepan over 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil; cover and steam for 4-5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain and set aside.
- In a bowl, whisk eggs until frothy; stir in bacon. In a large skillet, saute mushrooms and onion in butter until tender. Add egg mixture. As eggs begin to set, lift edges, letting uncooked portion flow underneath until eggs are soft-set.
- Arrange asparagus over egg mixture to resemble spokes of a wheel. Top with tomato slices. Cover and cook over medium-low heat until eggs are set. Sprinkle with cheese. Remove from the heat. Cover and let stand for 3-4 minutes or until cheese is slightly melted. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Tomato Asparagus Frittata in Simple & Delicious March/April 2006, p41
Reviews for Tomato Asparagus Frittata
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review