Tomato-Artichoke Side Dish Recipe
At the heart of this recipe is plenty of flavor, according to Valree Augustine of Pisgah Forest, North Carolina. "The artichokes, tomatoes and other ingredients blend together so well that I often make a large recipe to take to potlucks I attend," she reports.—Valree Augustine, Pisgah Forest, North Carolina
- 1 jar (6-1/2 ounces) marinated quartered artichoke hearts
- 1 tablespoon chopped green onions
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 Roma tomatoes, quartered
- Drain artichokes, reserving 1 tablespoon marinade. In a small skillet, saute onions in reserved marinade until tender. Stir in sugar, basil, pepper and garlic powder. Add tomatoes and artichokes; heat through, stirring gently. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Tomato-Artichoke Side Dish in Country Woman January/February 1996, p32
Reviews for Tomato-Artichoke Side Dish
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review