Tomato Artichoke Salad
Here’s a light, refreshing salad that boasts the rich flavor of artichokes, olives and summer-ripe tomatoes. From Clara Coulston of Washington Court House, Ohio, this makes a nutritious side dish with all kinds of entrees.
4 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup chopped seeded peeled cucumber
- 2 tablespoons fat-free plain yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (14 ounces) water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained and halved
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup julienned silken firm tofu
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- For dressing, in a blender or food processor, combine the lemon
- juice, cucumber, yogurt, oregano, salt and pepper; cover and process
- until blended.
- In a bowl, combine the artichokes, olives, tomatoes, tofu and onion.
- Add dressing and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30
- minutes before serving. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup equals 102 calories, 3 g fat (trace saturated fat), trace cholesterol, 555 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber,