Here’s a light, refreshing salad that boasts the rich flavor of artichokes, olives and summer-ripe tomatoes. From Clara Coulston of Washington Court House, Ohio, this makes a nutritious side dish with all kinds of entrees.
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup chopped seeded peeled cucumber
- 2 tablespoons fat-free plain yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (14 ounces) water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained and halved
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup julienned silken firm tofu
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- For dressing, in a blender or food processor, combine the lemon juice, cucumber, yogurt, oregano, salt and pepper; cover and process until blended.
- In a bowl, combine the artichokes, olives, tomatoes, tofu and onion. Add dressing and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Tomato Artichoke Salad in Light & Tasty June/July 2006, p43
Reviews for Tomato Artichoke Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review